[Pw_forum] Total energy does not coverge with ecut

prasenjit.jnc at gmail.com prasenjit.jnc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 23:10:40 CET 2008

Sometimes it is also difficult to converge the total energy. So usually it
is better to check the convergence of the quantity you are interested in.

But anyway it is really strange that total energy doesn't converge at such
abnormally high cut off values.

Did you test the pseudopotentials individually?? For eg. did you try
calculating the bond lengths of say a nitrogen molecule & see how the
results are??

With regards,

Prasenjit.