[Pw_forum] OpenMPI on mac

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Mon May 26 06:31:41 CEST 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008, Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin wrote:

EAMP> Hi,

EAMP> I am new with Macs. I am learning to compile in it. Frankly, I have been
EAMP> happy after installing fink, so I am still Linux minded. I installed g95,
EAMP> and with it I could compile QE serially. The problem is to use mpif90. There
EAMP> is an mpif90 that comes with Xcode version 3, but it is not configured. When
EAMP> I run it I have this message.

this is a _very_ mac specific question. have you considered
asking at a mac forum?

axel.

EAMP>
EAMP> Macintosh:Developer eariel$ mpif90
EAMP> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
EAMP> Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPI was not compiled with
EAMP> Fortran 90 support.  As such, the mpif90 compiler is non-functional.
EAMP>
EAMP> Obviously I would have to configure it, but I do not find any file named
EAMP> configure. Is there an option to reconfigure it within Xcode, without
EAMP> downloading OpenMPI independently of Xcode?
EAMP>
EAMP> Other question, is there a gfortran in Xcode? How to install it?
EAMP> Thanks
EAMP>
EAMP>