[Pw_forum] modification of phonon programs

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 23:51:34 CEST 2008

Dear Kostya,

I apologize, I did not understand the meaning of these
variables you introduced. Can you please give more
insight for these variables?

What I did, in fact, very simple and hopefully, simple
for users. I.e. one can restart dynamical matrix
calculations from an interrupted q-point or for
selected q-points from dyn0.
In this way one can choose iq_start=5 as example, but
it is possible to calculate dynamical matrices for
selected q-points using iq_start=3 and iq_end=7.
Of course, one can "parallelize" dynamical matrix
calculations in this way.

Of course, I am aware of iq_start keyword in PH, but
supercomputers I use prefer saving temporary files in
local/scratch directories (which then will be
cleaned).
That was a reason why I decided to modify the code.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

--- Konstantin Kudin <konstantin_kudin at yahoo.com>

http://www.democritos.it:8888/O-sesame/chngview?cn=5136