[Pw_forum] pain in running example

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Sat Mar 22 17:16:49 CET 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008 05:30, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> let's see if we can solve this without bothering paolo...

...who moreover is on a 56k line from his mother's phone...

> SG> ../check_failure.sh: 2: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
> SG>
> SG> could u plz help me out
>
> you have to look at what line 2 in check_failure.sh does.

some machines don't like the syntax used in the definition of
function check_failure . Somebody told me something about
/bin/sh being linked on some linux distributions (Ubuntu?) to
some funny shell instead of a true Bourne shell or to bash. It
should work if the () are removed from the first line of
check_failure.sh

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi, Democritos and Udine University