[Pw_forum] Generating VBC pseudo of Mg with ld1?

merlin meheut meheut at impmc.jussieu.fr
Wed Jun 25 03:16:47 CEST 2008

Dear PWSCF users,

I would like to use the best-possible Mg pseudopotential, and had been
a bit disappointed by those I have generated so far. Looking at the
litterature, I realized that a pseudopotential generated using
Von-Barth Car scheme gave pretty good results in LDA (actually, this
is the Mg.pz-n-vbc.UPF pseudo on PWscf webpage). I would like to try a
similar approach with PBE functional.
  I don't know if it is possible to use this scheme with ld1.x.
If it is I did not find how.

Apparently, on O-sesame webpage it is mentioned that this possibility
is "temporarily removed".  Is there a way to get old versions of ld1
code that do it? Or is there a more recent scheme doing things
similarly?

Thank you in advance for any hints,

Regards,

Merlin