[Pw_forum] unable to create directory prefix.save

Andrea Ferretti andrea.ferretti at unimore.it
Wed Jun 4 16:08:38 CEST 2008

Dear  Huang Chun Lin,

>       from create_directory : error #4294967295
>       unable to create directory ./FeNi1.save

looking at the error number, which looks like an overflow, it may be that
your problem is related to a mismatch between the default integer of
fortran and the type "int" of c...

let me exaplin better:
such error message is given after a call to a c-interface (c_mkdir);
the output of the routine in c is defined as
int retval;
and it is passed to a default integer fortran variable (INTEGER :: ierr)
in the routine create_directory.

Thus, your problem can be related to the usage of 8byte default integer when
compiling the fortran code (I met the a similar problem in the past).
To patch it, try to avoid the use of any -i8 flags or, if you have downloaded
a compiler with i8 default integers, try to force -i4 or similar...

hope it helps
andrea

--
Andrea Ferretti
National Research Center S3, CNR-INFM  ( http://s3.infm.it )

Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments