[Pw_forum] is there any poster for postdoc here ?

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Thu Jul 31 17:50:16 CEST 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, xu yuehua wrote:

XY> hi all:
XY> maybe my topic is not related the subject of this forum,
XY> a long time ago,i saw a poster for postdoc ,
XY> so i try  to seek some information here
XY> if the administer  want to delete  my topic. delete it !

hi!

there has not been a discussion whether announcements
to the list are acceptable or not. i would assume that
for as long as remains infrequent, nobody will complain.
if it becomes too much, one could for example consider
setting up a pw_jobs at pwscf.org mailing list.

my personal opinion on the topic is that if somebody is
offering a post doc position and looking for somebody with
experience in using quantum-espresso or related tools, i
would actually consider it a useful post.

on the other hand, for people _seeking_ a post doctoral position
it would be advisable to go to the (many) forums and webpages
that collect those announcements instead to either search
for open positions and/or post your CV etc.

XY> i am very sorry for my getting out the line.

no worries. i think it is a valid question. it is much
better to first ask and then do than doing it the
"wild west" way of doing first and apologizing later.
;-)

cheers,
    axel.