[Pw_forum] GIPAW pseudopotentials

Ari P Seitsonen ari.p.seitsonen at iki.fi
Sat Feb 16 11:04:52 CET 2008

Dear Joe,

   My humble answer to the question...

   The GIPAW module in the CVS might be somewhat outdated, as I haven't
found the time to stay up-to-date recently due to the various changes in
the CVS due to the incorporation of the PAW method (for
self-consistent wave functions, ie. not to be confused with the GIPAW,
that provides some properties due to magnetic response) into the main
body of PWSCF/QE code. I'll try to do it still this month.

   A preliminary version of the whole GIPAW is found under
http://www.impmc.jussieu.fr/~software/gipaw/qe-nmr-latest.tar.gz
That site
http://www.impmc.jussieu.fr/~software/gipaw/
provides a sub-minimal documentation on it use, a few GIPAW-compliant UPF
files (the new version can read the data on reconstruction from the same
UPF file with the pseudo potential itself). The tar file also contains the
hacked version of the 'atomic' code to generate the pseudo potentials; I
have been hesitating in checking that version into the CVS repository as
the changes are not that clean (we introduced the generation of GIPAW
projectors at arbitrary energies, ie. not only at eigenenergies - thus
unbound states can be used as well).

   I'm sorry, all this needs to documented much better, this will happen
soon (this month).

     Greetings,

        apsi