[Pw_forum] GIPAW

sezginaydin at gazi.edu.tr sezginaydin at gazi.edu.tr
Wed Dec 31 06:44:38 CET 2008

Hi,
I am a new PWScf user.I did install espresso-4.0.1 to my computer successfully.
I want to work with GIPAW routine. When I run the GIPAW-example in
/examples/GIPAW_example, I get the following error message:
--------------------------
/home/sezgin/Desktop/espresso-4.0.1/examples/GIPAW_example : starting

This example shows how to use gipaw.x to calculate:
1) susceptibility and NMR chemical shift of Si and diamond
2) NMR chemical shift of two molecules: CH4 and C2H4
3) electric field gradients (EFG) in bulk quartz (this was example24)

  executables directory: /home/sezgin/Desktop/espresso-4.0.1/bin
  pseudo directory:
/home/sezgin/Desktop/espresso-4.0.1/examples/GIPAW_example/pseudo
  temporary directory:   /home/sezgin/tmp
  checking that needed directories and files exist...
ERROR: /home/sezgin/Desktop/espresso-4.0.1/bin/gipaw.x not existent or not
executable
Aborting
How can I solve my problem.

Res.Ass.Sezgin AYDIN