[Pw_forum] electron-phonon interaction

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Mon Dec 29 14:45:27 CET 2008

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:20:24 +0100, penghua <penghua8503 at 163.com> wrote:
> But, why twice scf calculations are done in this calculation? What is
> the intention of each calculation?

It is explained quite clearly in the README file in the example07 directory: the first one is for DOS calculation, the second for phonons. Please read the README file accurately, as it provides vital hints and answers your question in detail.

> Besides can I calculation the electron-phonon interaction of
> semiconductor?

I don't see any problem with it, but I don't really know the matter in depth thus some technical problems may arise.

cheers

P.S. please provide your affiliation when writing to pw forum!

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)

     *** save italian brains ***