[Pw_forum] problem about calculation with ph.x

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 14:13:38 CET 2008

Dear li-ming-fan,

In order to calculate phonon dispersion curves you need to calculate real space Interatomic Force Constants matrix F(R). This can be obtained via the FFT using the dynamical matricies F(q).

In order to get F(q) set, you should use only nq1,nq2,nq3, but not iq1,iq2,iq3 which are used to calculate F(q) for a given q-point(s).

After F(q)=> F(R) transformation you have to supply a list of q-points along high symmetry directions and calculate phonon modes for these points.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com