[Pw_forum] ASR

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Thu Dec 25 22:02:08 CET 2008

On Dec 25, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Reza Ebraahimi wrote:

> Hi

Hi

> can anyone refer me to some literature about history of acoustic sum
> rules? i mean when was it proposed for the first time?

Pick, Cohen, Martin, Phys. Rev. B 1, 910 - 920 (1970)

> and it's versions known here as "simple" and "crystal"?

"simple" only deals with q->0 frequencies, and modifies the q=0
dynamical matrix so as to impose that the sum of the eigenvalues
vanishes (this can be achieved by subtracting T/N from the diagonal
elements, where T is the trace and N the dimension); "crystal" would
do something more sophisticated on the interatomic force constants, so
as to enforce continuity in the q->0 limit. do not know if the details
have ever been written anywhere

> Thank You

you are most welcome. you would be even more so if you took the time
of signing your posts to this forum, including your accademic
affiliation.

Best wishes

Stefano Baroni

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
http://www.sissa.it/~baroni / [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) /
stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale
de la pensée - Jean Piaget