[Pw_forum] In consistence between plotnum = 7/10 (PP.x)

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Tue Dec 16 12:14:04 CET 2008

Dear Zhiping
Zhiping Xu wrote:
> Hi all:
>   I performed projected DOS calculation for the valence and conduction bands
> using two different approaches:
> (1) plotnum = 7, kpoint = 0 (Gamma point), kband around nelectrons/2

If the gamma point is the first k-point in the list (check pw.x output) you should specify
kpoint = 1, NOT kpoint = 0. In principle you should get an error message if you actually
used the an invalid kpoint index.

from PP/local_dos.f90:

   if ( (iflag == 0) .and. ( kpoint < 1 .or. kpoint > nks ) ) &
        call errore ('local_dos', 'wrong kpoint specified', 1)

Regards

Gabriele

> (2) plotnum = 10, by setting Emin and Emax contaning most part of the band
>
>   The second method gives reasonable results, while the first one is shifted by
> 1 band. Any idea on this? Thanks.
> Best,
> Zhiping

La legge n. 133 uccide l'Università e la Ricerca italiana!

Save Italian Brains! (http://saveitalianbrains.wordpress.com/)

| Gabriele Sclauzero, PhD Student                  |
| c/o:   SISSA & CNR-INFM Democritos,              |
|        via Beirut 2-4, 34014 Trieste (Italy)     |
| email: sclauzer at sissa.it                         |
| phone: +39 040 3787 511                          |
| skype: gurlonotturno                             |