[Pw_forum] "charge is wrong" error in semiconductor slab calculation

J. J. Ramsey jjr19 at uakron.edu
Thu Dec 4 15:16:01 CET 2008

----- Original Message ----

I think I'm OK with having a fractional number of electrons, so long as that is a normal outcome of using pseudohydrogens for passivation. I think I understand now what you meant in your article [Phys. Rev. B 77, 165323 (2008)] about the smearing of 0.02 Ry to account for metallization.

BTW, when you made your pseudopotential for pseudohydrogen, did it have any projectors at all, or did you let the maximum angular momentum be zero?