[Pw_forum] MnPd Bulk

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 19:48:10 CET 2008

Hi,

Mn and Pd are quite interesting metals. You can find a magnetic moment on Pd atoms depending on its local environment and slightly larger lattice parameters.
This has a sense as you used GGA (PBE) base pseudopotentials which tend to give larger lattice parameter
inducing magnetism for Pd atoms, at least. You can carry out calculations with LDA-based PsPs.
Try also usin the same lattice parameters as in the paper you cited.

Hope this helps.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com