[Pw_forum] problem with TPSS (Tao-Perdew-Staroverov-Scuseria)meta-GGA for silicon

Yosuke Kanai ykanai at berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 1 02:04:45 CET 2008

Hi Rafael

When we implemented TPSS in CP code (not PWSCF) at Princeton few years ago,
we did some comparisons including bulk-Si to
all-electron gaussian-type calculations. Have a look at APPENDIX in the
following paper if interested.

Journal of Chemical Physics, Volume 125, Issue 23, pp. 234104-234104-8
(2006)
"Testing the TPSS meta-GGA XC functional in calculations of transition
states and reaction barriers"
Yosuke Kanai, Xiaofei Wang, Annabella Sellonia, and Roberto Car.

Take care,

Yosuke

---
--------------------------------

Yosuke Kanai, Ph.D.

Berkeley Nanosciences and Nanoengineering Institute

University of California, Berkeley

325 Birge Hall
Email : ykanai at berkeley.edu
Phone : (510)-643-1157

(Tao-Perdew-Staroverov-Scuseria)meta-GGA for silicon

Hi everybody,

thank you  for the help.

That's hug

Rafael Dias