[Pw_forum] anisotropy energy

vega vegalew at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 12:55:00 CEST 2008

>After  obtaining the optimum atomic position , for obtaining the accurate MAE , which Kpoint mesh is suitable( high K >mesh or as perviuos step(relaxation)  common K mesh)?

I think you should try different K mesh and see whether the results convergenced. for example if 4x4x2 and 2x2x1 give the similar results with 1%~2% errors (maybe 5%) you may use 2x2x1 for simpleness. Also the k point mesh should compromise with the hardware.

>And what is suitable for thereshold of energy?

I think the default value is suitable for many purposes. see archive for more detail. Prof.Baroni have lectured us many times for this.

vega

Vega Lew (weijia liu)
PH.D Candidate in Chemical Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China

      For obtaining correct results for MAE(magnetic anisotropy energy), at first we must relax atomic positions. Does This relaxation must be done by a pseudopotential that  include the spin-orbit effect or  without spin -orbit in pseudopotential?
      After  obtaining the optimum atomic position , for obtaining the accurate MAE , which Kpoint mesh is suitable( high K mesh or as perviuos step(relaxation)  common K mesh)?
       And what is suitable for thereshold of energy?
      thanks a lot
      Ali Kazempour, Dept. Of . Phys. .Isfahan university of technology