[Pw_forum] awin in average.x

Hande Ustunel hande at newton.physics.metu.edu.tr
Sat Aug 23 12:08:28 CEST 2008

That depends on what you want to do. If you want to calculate, say, band
offsets, for which you would be interested in macroscopically averaged bulk
potential, it would be the spacing between crystal planes, assuming they
are evenly spaced in the direction you are interested in. See, for
instance, Phys. Rev. B 48, 17607 - 17610 (1993), and other publications by
the authors for a good explanation.

Best,
Hande