[Pw_forum] The difference between vc-relax and relax .

Javier Antonio Montoya j.antonio.montoya at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:41:30 CEST 2008

Dear Qjwang

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM, wangqj1 <wangqj1 at 126.com> wrote:

>  Dear all
>      Could someone tell me the difference between vc-relax and relax ?
> What are the functions of them . In what conditions to use them ?

PLEASE READ THE DOCUMENTATION, it is in
espresso-whateverversion/Doc/INPUT_PW

Both can relax the ionic positions until each and every ion feel zero forces
(Actually is not zero but a minimum force that you define inside &control)

"vc" in vc-relax stands for variable cell, which means that the cell is also
relaxed towards a target pressure (read &cell in the documentation)

>      Thank you very much for your help and your comments!

You a re welcome .

> With kind regards
>
> qjwang

That is not enough please always provide your affiliation.

Sincerely,
Javier.
--

Javier A. Montoya