[Pw_forum] Site Occupancy

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 12:19:04 CEST 2008

Dear Ahmet,

Pseudopotential and most of Full-Potential programs can not deal with fractional site occupation.
The only way for this purpose is the use of programs within Coherent-Potential-Approximation.
But, actually, I am not sure it will work in your case, as you have to mix "empty sphere" and H to get fully occupied site.

If you ("randomly") remove some H atoms you will get correct stoichiometry, though each H site is fully occupied.

Please also provide your affiliation.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com