[Pw_forum] Fermi energy in 'scf' and 'nscf'(XQ Wang)

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Aug 13 18:24:20 CEST 2008

Dear Haiping,
the ONLY Fermi energy that is meaningful is the one corresponding to a
scf calculation... which is calculated  consistently with the
corresponding  charge density.
All nscf or band calculations are performed  on grids which might  give
non-regular sampling of the BZ...  you should not use the corresponding
fermi energy .
stefano