[Pw_forum] Fermi energy in 'scf' and 'nscf'

Guoying Gao gaoguoying at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 03:47:20 CEST 2008

Dear PW users,

           I performed a electronic band structure calculation with
"m-p" smearing using Quantum-ESPRESSO code. At the end of 'scf and
'nscf' calculations, both gave Fermi energy. However, they are not the
same.

            some parameters in the input file:

            scf:           k-mesh grids   10*10*10  (282kpoints in
*.scf.out file)
          nscf:           we give 121 kpoints along high symmetry direction

         What I want to know is: why the two Fermi energy is
different,  if we want to plot energy band structure which Fermi
energy should we use, why?
         Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Best wishes!

Guoying