[Pw_forum] GGA underestimates lattice constant in BaO

Munima Bora Sahariah munima at iitg.ernet.in
Thu Aug 7 06:31:16 CEST 2008

Dear Dr. Toffoli

thanks for putting your comments and interest in this matter.

The pbe pseudopotential that I took from pwscf already has 5S, 5P, 5D, 6S
and 6P orbitals included. I am not sure whether inclusion of more orbitals
(4P at least) would make any difference. We can give it a try.

yesterday I tried with Ba and O  GGA pseudopotentials taken from ABINIT.
they are norm conserving ones. I found the lattice constant for BaO too
much overestimated.

I will let you know if I find some more information.

regards

munima