[Pw_forum] spin-polarized calculation in optimizing lattice

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 01:49:10 CEST 2008

Dear Wenmei,

Yes, of course, if you have a magnetic system, you should carry out
spin-polarized calculations. But, as magnetic calculations are twice
expensive, you can first try relax nonmagnetic  system and then turn on
magnetism using basis vectors and atomic positions you obtained.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com