[Pw_forum] Greeting from xingqiu chen

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Fri Apr 25 17:55:15 CEST 2008

Dear Xingqiu Chen,

in order to calculate anything (phonon frequencies, as well as any
other properties) as a function of pressure, just calculate it as a
function of volume, and use the (calculated) equation of state to
relate volume with pressure.

Also, please notice that the correct way to address this kind of
questions is through the pw_forum mailing list to which you can
subscribe from the pwscf home page:

Hope this helps
SB

On Apr 25, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Chen Xingqiu wrote:

> Dear Prof. Baroni,
>
> I am using the package PWscf to calculate phonon dispersions. But in
> my
> case, I need to calculate pressure-dependent phonon dispersions. So,
> could you please show me how to add pressure factor in my input
> file. Do
> you have such a input script?
>
> So many thanks in advance!
> Best wishes, Xingqiu Chen

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale
de la pensée - Jean Piaget