[Pw_forum] PAW in 4.0CVS3

Chao Cao cao at qtp.ufl.edu
Thu Apr 17 03:27:43 CEST 2008

Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Chao Cao wrote:
>
> Dear Lorenzo,
>   Is there any major change or bug fix for PAW method between CVS2 and
> CVS3? I used exactly the same set of PP-generation input and PW input,
> but somehow got very different result in total energy and force (differs
> by several eV).
>
>> lorenzo is probably (hopefully) asleep, so i'll give it a shot...
>
>> the fundamental constants and unit conversions were updated to the
>> latest CODATA 2006 recommended values. if you enter data that needs
>> to be converted to internal units, e.g. coodinates or cell dimensions
>> in angstrom, that may have the effect that you see.

Well, that IS the problem that I actually have no unit conversion,
unless "bohr" is also changed...:p

And about the discrepancy between SCF/relaxation, I was giving an easy
example since everyone has Cu/O PAW data in distribution. I have a case
that gives me ~0.1 eV difference, which makes me very uncomfortable...

Chao Cao