[Pw_forum] compilation on Blue Gene/L

Andrea Ferretti ferretti.andrea at unimore.it
Sun Sep 2 13:41:14 CEST 2007

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> this is an error in iotk, the 'k' error is due to the
> fact, that ARFLAGS is not properly imported. you could
> try adding them to AR.
>
> good luck (you'll be needing it),
>    axel.

it seems that different espresso versions load different flags for AR in
the iotk Makefile

v.3.2:    loads ARFLAGS_DYNAMIC  in iotk/src/Makefile,
so, you can try so properly set this variable
(something like ARFLAGS_DYNAMIC=ruv   I hope) if it is not set

the reason is explained in make.sys as:

# ar command and flags - for most architectures: AR = ar, ARFLAGS = ruv
# ARFLAGS_DYNAMICS is used in iotk to produce a dynamical library,
# for Mac OS-X with PowerPC and xlf compiler. In all other cases
# ARFLAGS_DYNAMICS = $(ARFLAGS)

current cvs:  loads ARFLAGS in iotk/src/Makefile and not
ARFLAGS_DYNAMIC as v.3.2

anyway, I think your case is the former

--
Andrea Ferretti
National Research Center S3, CNR-INFM  ( http://s3.infm.it )

Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments