[Pw_forum] help for convergence in "Computing Second order response"

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue Oct 30 21:54:28 CET 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 7:14 , hyello25 Qgrui wrote:

>  When I do raman calculation of Li2O, I found the "second order
> response"
> process is not convergent.

try to reduce the alpha_mix parameter

>  What is more wried, this situation never happened days before when
> using the exactly same input file and PPs. That is , I cannot
> repeat the
> result again with all the same input file though I check all the
> input file
> carefully. The scf result are the same, but the ph.x gave different
> convergence process. Besides, I got different raman frequencies.

you are not doing the same calculation. Computers are deterministic,
even if it often happens that they look like random number generators

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222