[Pw_forum] Plotting band structure using the xmgr file

Giovanni Cantele Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Tue Oct 30 08:11:07 CET 2007

Hashem Al-Yamani wrote:
> Dear All ....
>
> I did successfully plot the band structure using xmgrace on the file
> ".xmgr" ..... any idea how can I put the k-points on it on the x-axis
> (i.e. gamma, A, X, R, Z, ........ ) . Any one knows the steps and I
> would be greatful .
>

> Thanks in advance .
>

> Best regards .
>
> Hashem
>
> Jordan University

Plot -> Axis Properties

on the top choose X axis

than go to the "Special" tab

from "Special ticks:" choose "Tick marks and labels" (default is "None")

then select the number of ticks, e.g. 5

finally, in the first 5 rows below "Tick location - Label:"  input the x
coordinates of your points and the labels
(for Gamma label the string is "\xG" )

Hope this helps,
Giovanni

--

Dr. Giovanni Cantele
Coherentia CNR-INFM and Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche
E-mail: Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Web: http://people.na.infn.it/~cantele