[Pw_forum] How to plot with dashed line in two-dimensional plot of density?

naser zare naser_zd2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 17:07:18 CEST 2007

Dear Prof Giannozzi
  Hello
  At first ,Thank you very much for your kindness.
   I did it successfully. But  I need to plot  the difference of densities and it is negative in some points.
   " plotrho.x" canot plot negative values in both  cases (cplo and psplot), so I wonder how I can use solid line for positive values and dashed line for negative ones.
  I would be grateful if  you kindly guide me.
Best Regards
  Nasser Zare Dehnavi
Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at nest.sns.it> wrote:

On Oct 23, 2007, at 12:53 , naser zare wrote:

> I want to use dashed line in two-dimensional plot of density when I
> use from plotrho.x . How can I do it?

modify PP/plotrho.f90 following the instructions:

! uncomment the call to "cplot" if you want contour lines,
! plus gray levels and shading for negative values

call cplot (rhoo, nx, ny, x, xmin, xmax, nx, y, ymin, ymax, &
ny, nlevels, z, xdim, ydim, xs, ys, filename, fileout)

! uncomment the call to "psplot" if you want contour lines
! of various kinds: solid, dashed, etc

! call psplot ( rhoo, nx, x, nx, y, ny, nlevels, z, xdim, ydim, &
! xs, ys, fileout)

No warranty: last time I tried it it was sort of working, but it
was several years ago. Otherwise you can use a plotting
program like gnuplot or xmgrace.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

http://mail.yahoo.com