[Pw_forum] Relaxation of Na(100)

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Oct 17 15:05:36 CEST 2007

on the basis of the forces you have reached and an estimate of the
first-nearest neihgbour interatomic force constant (that you can infer
from Na typical phonon frequencies) could you please post an estimate of
the effect that a residual force of 0.0005 Ry/a.u. makes on a) the
interatomic distance b) the total energy of the system ?
thanks
stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS