[Pw_forum] Another SCF convergence problem

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Oct 3 10:06:57 CEST 2007

This may not be totally relevant but ... have you checked that the
configuration you are using makes sense ?
By visualizing it with xcrysden it appear that the carbon-carbon
distances are all  larger than 3 angstrom ... so your system is a
collection of weakly interacting atoms, probably with very narrow bands.
Technically this may be the origin of the instability, but ...is this
the system you want to study  ?
Hpe it helps
stefano
Stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS