[Pw_forum] How to get the phonon frequency logarithmic average

陳 少華 chen_shao_hua197 at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Oct 2 23:15:35 CEST 2007

Dear Paolo,

I had compiled lambda.x from pwtools/lambda.f90  for
calculating the "phonon frequency logarithmic averag"
and alpha^2F(omega).
I tried to write down its input file refer to
lambda.f90 as below

  ! INPUT from standard input:
  !    emax  degaussq  ngaussq
  !    nks
  !    q(1,1)    q(2,1)    q(3,1)    wk(1)
  !      ...       ...       ...      ...
  !    q(1,nks)  q(2,nks)  q(3,nks)  wk(nks)
  !    filelph(1)
  !     ...
  !    filelph(nks)
  !
  ! emax (THz)    : alpha2F is plotted from 0 to
"emax" in "nex" steps
  ! degaussq (THz): gaussian smearing for sum over q
  !                 NB: not the same used in phonon !
  ! ngaussq       : 0 for simple gaussian, 1 for
Methfessel-Paxton etc.
  ! nks           : number of q-points used in the sum
  ! q, wk         : q-points and weights
  ! filelph       : output files from phonon, one for
each q-point
  !                 May contain "nsig" calculations
done with different
  !                 broadenings for the sum over k -
all of them are used
  !
  ! OUTPUT in xmgr-readable format: files 'lambda.dat'
and 'alpha2F.dat'
  !

The only part I don't get it is "filelph" .
It say "output files from phonon" ,what does it mean ?
*.ph.out (produced by ph.x) or others ?

Best Regards
max
Physics Department,National Taiwan University,Taiwan
--- Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at nest.sns.it> 說: