[Pw_forum] benchmark calculations for parallel PWSCF

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Oct 1 14:54:47 CEST 2007

On Sep 28, 2007, at 18:35 , brsahu at physics.utexas.edu wrote:

> Is it possibe to get a info on benchmark PWSCF SCF parallel
> calculations (CPU time versus number of processors) for a particular
> physical system on any computing machines (linux clusters, IBM
> (Power series), SGI, HP etc.

once upon a time Carlo Sbraccia wrote and sent me a benchmark
script. It never percolated to the web site, so I put it here:
    http://www.fisica.uniud.it/~giannozz/public/benchmark.tgz
It contains a table of results as well. It is quite old, so it may
require
some modifications in order to run with recent versions of the code.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222