[Pw_forum] Questions about plotting

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Nov 30 16:50:15 CET 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 16:12 , glevita at units.it wrote:

> In the INPUT_PP example it is reported that the output_format
> selection is ignored when 1D plots are chosen. (moreover, the
> output_format= 3 option is reported to be suited also to 1D Xcrysden).
> In fact, I failed both when output_format was 0 and 3, and when iflag
> was either 0 or 1. No plot files were generated, even if the first PP
> output file was OK.

there are way too many options in the postprocessing codes to
keep track of all of them. If it works in the serial case, it is for
sure a problem of parallel execution.

> I used both a 3.2.2 version of Espresso and a 3.0 one.

it is not unlikely that your problem may have been solved meanwhile.
See http://www.democritos.it:8888/O-sesame/chngview?cn=5321
and http://www.democritos.it:8888/O-sesame/chngview?cn=4894

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222