[Pw_forum] Good news about intel mac installation

Riccardo Sabatini riccardo at fcs.it
Fri Nov 30 14:35:02 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

    i don't know if it's the case but i'm writing to inform about the
final good compilation on my mac intel !!! In some previous mail i asked
help (and i really had a gret one) from the list to install QE on my
intel mac. There have been several problems, mainly about the linker and
ranlib. Well, it seems the problems were generated from the presence of
several incompatible versions of libraries/compilers/linkers.

    For other users of intel mac i would suggest some important notes:
uninstall darwin ports, fink and developer tools. The presence of all of
those at the same time generates many spooky events in the compilation
procedure.  I installed just the developer tools from apple, the intel
fortran compiler and everything went on great. I then installed all the
other things i removed before.

    I got to install everything and even XCrysDen, thanks to the patch
found in the list. Now i'm all set and ready to start the hard part,
learning QE !!!!!!!!!!!!

    Really really thanks to all of you,

                Riccardo