[Pw_forum] honeycomb lattices and shift in gamma point?

Michael Mehl rcjhawk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 02:12:52 CET 2007

Dev,

I believe that if you look closely at the published band structures of
graphene you'll find that many graphs are <em>centered</em> on the K
point.  This doesn't mean that the K point is now the origin, it just
means that the K point is the center of the published graph.  That's
because K is the interesting part of the band structure.

A quick Google (TM) of the web reveals more about graphene than I really
wanted to know tonight.  Here's a useful tutorial:

http://www.ph.utexas.edu/~macdgrp/meetings/hongki-graphene(partial).pdf

Note particularly the band structure on page 8, and compare it to the
band structure on page 19.

--
					Mike Mehl
					Naval Research Laboratory