[Pw_forum] ld: cannot find -lmpi_f90

hyello25 Qgrui hyello25 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 13:49:51 CET 2007

Hi all,

>this means that the linker could not find libmpi_f90.a
>file. Try find the path (using "locate libmpi_f90"
>command) and then add -L/path/to/library/file
>-lmpi_f90

   Thanks to Eyvaz's advice. I have succeeded to compile the pwscf code.

>switching to OpenMPI is not going to change that!
>i assume you are using gigabit ethernet interconnect.
>but (again) since you don't provide any specifics of
>the network, job type and system size,

  Sorry for my stupid question, till now I did not konw clear about
and how to describe the  the network. And you are  right "OpenMPI is
not going to change that!", although the openmpi performance better
than mpich2. I think the pwscf with openmpi have reached my
expectancy.

   Thanks again.
    Bests.