[Pw_forum] ld: cannot find -lmpi_f90

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 12:42:26 CET 2007

Hi,

--- hyello25 Qgrui <hyello25 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  When I tried to compile pwscf-3.2.3 with
> openmpi-1.2.4, the error
> "ld: cannot find -lmpi_f90" came out.

this means that the linker could not find libmpi_f90.a
file. Try find the path (using "locate libmpi_f90"
command) and then add -L/path/to/library/file
-lmpi_f90

Hopefully you have compiled openmpi using the same
comiler.

Hope it helps.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

>I had tried  many way to solve it
> but failed to find the answer in openmpi forum.Can
> anyone give me some
> advices about it.
>    My system is emt64 architecture, ifort 10, mkl 9
> and icc 10
> compiler, RedHat 4.3 os.
>    I have succeeded to compiler the pwscf code using
> mpich2. But the
> network data exchange is too large so that the
> efficiency is low when
> parallel calculation performed.
>

> Bests.
>
> G.R. Qian

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia, and
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com