[Pw_forum] ultrasoft pseudopotential

Giovanni Cantele Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Mon Nov 19 19:31:22 CET 2007

alan chen wrote:
> Dear PWSCF users,
>       I have just begun to use ultrasoft pseudopotentials (uspp).
> There are two energy cutoffs in PWSCF code. One is ecutwfc and the
> other is ecutrho. By default, ecutrho = 4*ecutwfc. However, it is said
> that for uspp, ecutrho should be larger than default value. So how
> large an ecutrho shall I set with respect to ecutwfc? Five times or
> eight times?
>       The elements I am now calculating are O, Al, Sr, Ti and La.
>       Thank you very much for your advice.
>

> Hanghui
> Department of Physics
> Yale University

This issue has been discussed several times in the forum. You'll
probably find the answer in one of these links:
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2005-December/003396.html
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2005-October/003128.html
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2007-November/007621.html
that are easily found searching for ecutrho in the forum.

Giovanni

--

Dr. Giovanni Cantele
Coherentia CNR-INFM and Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche
E-mail: Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Web: http://people.na.infn.it/~cantele