[Pw_forum] Parallel installation error???

Hashem Al-Yamani hashem.yamani at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:18:48 CEST 2007

Dear All ;

While trying to install espresso-3.2 on a machine with parallel connection
using mpich2 it didn't recognize that its parallel and gave the following
error :

Parallel environment not detected (is this a parallel machine?).
Configured for compilation of serial executables.

The following libraries have been found:
  BLAS_LIBS=../flib/blas.a
  LAPACK_LIBS=../flib/lapack.a
  FFT_LIBS=
Please check if this is what you expect.

If any libraries are missing, you may specify a list of directories
to search and retry, as follows:
  ./configure LIBDIRS="list of directories, separated by spaces"

Parallel environment not detected (is this a parallel machine?).
Configured for compilation of serial executables.

For more info, read the ESPRESSO User's Guide (Doc/users-guide.tex).
configure: success

it gave the same error when I put the "--enable-shared" option .......
please tell me if I am wrong ..... I've installed the fortran compiler and
in the same terminal I exported the path of the mpich2 installation
directory bin and thin gave the configure command from the espresso
directory .....    is there a specific way to install espresso on parallell
or is it another problem ......  Any help would be very appreciaple ...
thanks alot ....

Regards ;

Hashem