[Pw_forum] Redhat linux PCs ESPRESSO compilation

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri May 11 18:01:14 CEST 2007

On May 11, 2007, at 17:11 , Miriam Marques wrote:

> I am using the NagWare f95 compiler (but I have also tried with the
> gfortran compiler).

gfortran doesn't work (or at least it didn't the last time I tried).
If you do
not manage to have NagWare f95 working, try g95.

>  When I write ./configure it seems to work, but it is unable to
> detect FFTW libraries.

FFTW v.3 are not detected by configure. If nothing is found, the
internal
library is used. I never observed any significant speedup from external
fftw libraries.

> f95 -O -D__FFTW -D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW -I../include  -I./  -I../
> Modules  -I../iotk/src -I../PW  -I../PH  -I../CPV -c iotk_base.F90 -
> o iotk_base.o
> Error: iotk_base.F90, line 1: syntax error
>        detected at end of file
> ***Malformed statement

an empty or bad file has been created by the previous failed attempt.
"make clean" first

Paolo
---