[Pw_forum] intel mac - compilation with ifort/icc and not gcc

Gilles Hug gilles.hug at onera.fr
Fri Mar 30 14:36:12 CEST 2007

Dear Espressonists,

I am new here and trying to compile Espresso with Intel Ifort, icc
and MKL on a Mac with Intel procs.

When I configure i get :

> configure: success

So I assume this part went ok.

Then I try make all
I get this message :

> end module iotk_base
> i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: c: No such file or directory
> i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: iotk_base.F90: No such file or directory
> i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: no input files
> make[2]: *** [iotk_base.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [libiotk.a] Error 2
make: *** [libiotk] Error 2

I don't understand why gcc comes in the play here since it does not
appear in any makefile. I tried to configure with the make_sys.mac
file provided by the post of Matteo Cococcioni but it ends up with
the same result.

Any help appreciated,
Thanks
Gilles