[Pw_forum] vc-relax of graphite

Jin Zhang jin.zhang.pku at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 04:55:36 CET 2007

Dear Li,

Normally to otain a optimized lattice constant, you do not need to perform
vc-relax. Instead,
doing several single scf calculation with different a (around experiment
value, not too far away) but a fixed c, then fit the aquired data to get
zero-pressure a. Hope this is what you want.

Best,
Jin Zhang

--
MSc