[Pw_forum] problem with scf and nscf calculation!!

Federico Iori iori.federico at unimore.it
Mon Mar 12 17:39:53 CET 2007

Thanks Conor.... I'm goning to try this now!..

...but I still dont' understand why I cant't get the right band
structure with the PW-3.0 version.

Infact another "strange thing" happen: when my system is semiconductor
(all the valence states are doubly occupied)  I can get the right band
strcuture both with the PW-3.0 and PW-3.2 calculation. BUT when my
system become metallic (inserting a substitutional impurity) and I have
a semi-occpudied level, the calculation for the band dont' work
anymore........!!!
sigh!

idee???