[Pw_forum] 回复: Re: [Pw_forum] The calcualtion of static dielectric constant using espresso!

Adrain Zhou adrainzhou at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Jun 19 06:42:54 CEST 2007

Dear Paolo,

I just read the definition of dielectric constant from
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wiki/index.php/Dielectric_constant
. I am not sure whether the contribution to dielectric
constant from clamped-ion polarization conrresponds to
static response. That is why espresso is unable to
deal with dynamics response.

As for the study of temperature effect on the static
dielectric constant, I am not sure whether what you
mean is to run MD at fix temperature first and then
calculate dielectric constant by sampling different
configurations. Could you please give me more details?

Many thanks!

Regards,
Adrian

--- Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at nest.sns.it> witten: