[Pw_forum] Which Fermi level is right?

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 17 15:15:03 CEST 2007

Dear All,

an additional comment here - all smearing schemes will converge
to the same identical result in the limit of zero smearing/temperature,
and accurate sampling.

The tetrahedron method is not a smearing scheme, but again all correct
calculations hsould converge to the same value.

This has been often repeated, but it is worthwhile testing all
of this on one's own, to figure out what is really happening.

			nicola