[Pw_forum] problem in parallel execution

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Mon Jul 16 16:28:51 CEST 2007

>>     Some times [...] at the mid of the execution the number of pools
>> (automatically?!) reduces to smaller values
>
> the number of pools is fixed: the code reads from the command line
> how many pools and behaves accordingly. I don't think the number
> of pools and the number of processors in a pool can change!

Dear Paolo,

Thank you very much for your response.
As I understaood, if the number of pools and/or the number of processors in
the pools reduces (somehow) from what the program has read from the command
line, the program certainly stops. So, something should be wrong in the
mpich2 response to the "mpdtrace" command.
Bests,
mahmoud payami