[Pw_forum] Want test crash

Andrea Ferretti ferretti.andrea at unimore.it
Mon Jul 2 11:57:28 CEST 2007

Dear Mashao,

it seems the espresso datafile cannot be read by WanT, some reasons might
be:
-  the file ~test01/SCRATCH/silicon.save/datafile.xml is
   corrupted or empty
-  some portability issue due to the compiler/architecture combination
   occurred (even if I think this is somehow unlike since espresso is
   working)

could you please post the make.sys file (from the WanT home directory) as
well as a description of your machine ??

by the way:

1) did you run
  ./run.sh bands
  ?
  this would not run the whole test but only a specific
  calculation (bands interpolation using wannier functions);
  instead, use
  ./run.sh dft       (to run espresso calculations)
  ./run.sh want      (to compute the remaining part of the test)

2) WanT-2.1-RC1 is a "release compliant" version of the code (i.e. a
   pre-release): consider to update it to the stable version WanT-2.1
   (to be released in few days)

hope it helps

andrea

--
Andrea Ferretti
National Research Center S3, CNR-INFM  ( http://s3.infm.it )

Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments