[Pw_forum] problem in DOS

Javad hashemifar jhashemifar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 12:27:15 CET 2007

Thanks for your reply.
It happens in both parallel and serial execution. In fact I tested
several possibilities: running in parallel on the same number of nodes
that pw.x ran, running in serial after a parallel ran of pw.x, running
a serial after a serial ran of pw.x, and in all cases the same problem
happens.
We are using the latest version of Espresso (released on Nov. 2006)

Bests
Javad Hashemifar

On 1/23/07, Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at nest.sns.it> wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2007, at 11:43 , Javad hashemifar wrote
>
> >  When I run dos.x < inputfile  it seems that the program doesn't do
> > any thing [...] we have installed pwscf in parallel version using the
> > MPI libraries.
>
> does it happen in parallel execution or also in serail execution?
> does "dos.x -inp inputfile" work?
>
> Paolo
> ---
> Paolo Giannozzi, Democritos and University of Udine, Italy

Seyed Javad  Hashemifar,    Ph.D.
[current:]
Tel:+49-203-3794743        Fax:+49-203-3794742
Fachbereich Physik (AG Kratzer), Universitat Duisburg-Essen
47048 Dusiburg, Germany
[permanent:]
Tel:  +98-311-3912375       Fax: +98-311-3912376
Physics Department, Isfahan University of Technology
84156 Isfahan, Iran